Delhi Travel Guide
SHOPPING PLACES IN DELHI
Delhi is just a perfect shopping destination for travelers interested in branded as well as traditional shopping experience.
There are lots of shopping centers in Delhi for shopping different types of products. So, to get you acquainted from these major shopping joints of Delhi, our shopping guide is as under:
The market is one of the oldest and most famous shopping centers in Delhi. The market is famous for all types of shopping's whether it a branded shopping or shopping from the hawkers round the streets. The market offers great variety for its customers not only in the type of goods, but also in the types of shops. You can find big air-conditioned showrooms to the small and dainty shops in alleys.
There are different roads and streets in Karol Bagh, which are famous for various products. Some of major lanes of Karol bagh are Ajmal Khan Road, Bank Street, Arya Samaj Road, and Gaffar market.
- Ajmal khan Road is famous for branded shops of all varieties of garments and typical spicy Indian cuisines.
- Bank Street is absolutely perfect for those interested in precious gems and jewelry items.
- Gaffar Market is an absolute gem of a market for those interested in latest gadgets and their accessories.
- Arya Samaj road is best place to buy old or second hand books.
Connaught Place famous market of Central Delhi.
Almost every Delhiite calls it by the short form of CP. It is one of the oldest and most impressive markets of Delhi; CP is also its central business district.
- You can shop from the branded showrooms of different products.
- You can easily get the showrooms for several international brands such as Reebok, Allen Solly, Adidas, Reebok, Levis, and Lee Copper and so on here.
- You can also get the apparels designed by renowned designers of the world.
- Apart from that, you can also find quality food joints as well as cinemas like Regal (oldest cinema of India), PVR, emporia and many more things.
Janpath Market is just opposite to CP market. Shoppers can try the latest and unique outfits over here.
- The Place is famous for unique export house clothes and artificial jewelry items at small kiosks.
- It is the perfect for buying the latest fashion goods at economical prices.
Palika bazaar is another important market near Connaught Place.THe market has some silent features:
- It is the only air-conditioned underground market of Delhi.
- It is an ideal place for shopping, as you can get new and interesting things here at cheap or down to the earth prices.
- The place is best suited for the traveler interested in affordable and different electronic items, footwear and apparels.
Baba Kharak Singh Marg
The place is renowned for some of the most beautiful handicrafts from different parts of the country.
This place offers unique high quality Indian handicrafts all at a once place.
Famously known as SN market. This trendy market of Delhi is famous for its wide range classical as well as modern outfits.
The major attraction of Sarojini Nagar Market of Delhi is that it provides even branded goods at cheap prices. You can get goods at cheaper prizes provided you have good bargaining skills. Try it; this can be a lot of fun.
Lajpat Nagar market is located near the Ashram Chowk in South Delhi.
- The market is a mixture of roadside stalls as well as gloomy showrooms.
- You can shop for anything, from a simple handkerchief to a branded suit, accessories like bags, watches, perfumes etc.
- You can find ethnic Indian wear on one hand and the latest in the western style clothing, on the other.
Greater Kailash Market is located in the Posh South Delhi. It is divided into two zones, GK-I and GK-II.
Regarded as one of the most happening shopping centers of Delhi, GK market has some of the most luxurious show rooms and retail outlets of the city. Especially if you are looking for designer wears, then Greater Kailash is certainly the right place to visit.
South Extension market is situated on the Ring Road at South Delhi. It is one of the quality shopping areas of the city. It is divided into two parts - South Extension Part- I & Part-II. From branded garments to the footwear, you can find almost anything and everything out here.
The daughter of Shah Jahan, Jahanara founded Chandni Chowk market. It is the largest trading center of North India. It is also known by the name of moonlit square. There are a number of by-lanes in Chandni Chowk Market, each specializing in a particular field. All these by lanes have their own specialty.
- Dariba Kalan is famous for beautiful pearls, silver and gold jewelry and natural perfumes.
- Kinari Bazar is well known for Zari and Zardozi trimmings and tinsels.
- Khari Baoli is famous for wide range of spices and diary products.
- For traditional jewelry, ladies make-up items, paintings and furniture Meena Bazaar is the place for you.
- Katra Neel is famous for all types of fabrics such as silks, satin, crepe, cotton and muslin.
Dilli Haat is a kind of a market, in which you can find taste of every state of India. The market constitutes stalls from different parts of the country. It is a permanent haat that offers an amalgamation of handicrafts, food and cultural activities. Dilli haat of South Delhi is spread over an area of 6 acres approximately and has a typical traditional Indian village look to boast visitors. A newly established
Dilli Haat at Pitampura is slowing catching up the pace with its older branch.
The INA Market of Delhi, India has its full name as the Indian National Army market.
- Situated in the posh South Delhi area, it is a famous food bazaar of the capital city.
- From fresh seafood to meat to spices to vegetables and fruits, you will get each and everything related groceries here.
Khan Market, situated in the South Delhi area, is one of the most chic and classy shopping markets of the capital city. Surrounded by the greenery of Lodi Gardens, it is quite an expensive market.
The diplomatic community living in the nearby areas continue to patronize shopping in Khan Market of Delhi
Nehru Place in Southern part of Delhi is well known IT hub of Delhi. The place has thousands of shops of IT products. Never forget the mantra of bargaining especially in Nehru place as it proves to be very effective. The place offers exquisite range of IT products including:
- All Computer hardware and accessories
- Mobile phone and its accessories
- Latest digital Gadgets, etc.